- How to Install Dropbox on PC. To Install Dropbox on PC/Computer, you first need to download DropboxInstaller.exe file then only you can proceed further. Step 1: So after completing the download of the above-mentioned file, open the installer by clicking on it. Then click on ‘Run’ in the window appeared after opening the installer.
- Dec 30, 2019 How to install the Dropbox app for Windows. Download the app from the Dropbox Install page. Install the program from the downloaded DropboxInstaller.exe file. At the Set Up Dropbox window, log in.
Dropbox Free Download Windows 10
Prior to installing the Dropbox application on your device, you must log in to dropbox.umich.edu to create your account.
To install Dropbox on your device, determine which type of device you have, and follow the corresponding instructions:
If your computer is managed by MiWorkspace, you can download Dropbox from the Software Center (Windows/PC) or Managed Software Center (Mac).
Personal Computer or Other Non-MiWorkspace Computer
To install Dropbox on a computer that is not managed by MiWorkspace, see Download Dropbox to get started for instructions.
iOS Device (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
Dropbox can be installed from the Apple App Store.
Dropbox can be installed from the Google Play store.
Dropbox can be installed from the BlackBerry World store.
How to download and install the Dropbox desktop app
Once installed, you’ll be prompted to either sign in or create a new account.
How to install the desktop app with admin privileges
The Dropbox desktop app requires admin privileges to run with full functionality on your computer. This enables multiple different core features of Dropbox, including:
- Sync icons that show the sync status of files and folders
- Right-click context menus for taking quick actions in Dropbox
- Access to Smart Sync
For the vast majority of users, the desktop app is automatically installed with admin privileges. However, if you didn't install with admin privileges you can follow the instructions below to do so.
Note: If you don't have admin rights on your computer (for example if you're using a work computer), you may need to ask your IT department for help.
Install the Dropbox desktop app with admin privileges
- If you already have Dropbox installed, uninstall the application.
- Open the installer.
- Do not right-click, and do not command-click Run as an Administrator
- Follow the instructions in the install wizard.
- If you’re asked for an administrative username and password, enter them or contact your administrator to sign in.
- If you’re not asked for an administrative username and password, you’re already an admin on your computer.
- Complete the installation and sign in to Dropbox.
Smart Sync and admin privileges
Some Dropbox users will have access to Smart Sync. If you have access to this feature, check that Dropbox is installed with admin privileges on each computer where the feature will be used.
Depending on the policies at your organization, your team members may be able to install Dropbox with admin privileges on their own. If not, they may need the assistance of your IT team.
Why does the Dropbox desktop app for Mac require Keychain access?
Keychain is a password management system for Mac. Dropbox requires access to your Keychain to help verify your account and to provide another layer of security over the Dropbox app preferences.
- To grant Keychain access to Dropbox, click Allow or Always Allow (recommended for seamless access) when prompted to do so from Mac.
- Clicking Deny will result in a 'Couldn't start Dropbox' error message. For security reasons, Dropbox will not start without access to your Keychain.
What is the Dropbox Web Helper for macOS?
How To Install Dropbox On Pc
Dropbox Web Helper supports the Dropbox user interface on Mac computers. It only runs when the desktop app is running. Dropbox Web Helper is an independent process, so it may start and stop at different times than the desktop app. If you adjust your firewall or antivirus software for Dropbox, we recommend similar adjustments for Dropbox Web Helper.