- The recent release of Nextcloud Hub v19 introduced an easier way to install Collabora Online without Docker or proxy configuration in your web server. On a fresh installation, this is done automatically, but for an existing installation, you have to do the steps manually.
- Collabora Online is a powerful LibreOffice-based online office suite with collaborative editing, which supports all major document, spreadsheet and presentation file formats and works in all modern browsers. With Nextcloud and Collabora Online, this is no longer a trade-off. Collabora Online is Open Source, self-hosted and secure!
Did you know that you can keep all your office documents on-line but create, edit and save them from within your office apps?
LibreOffice Homepage, suite ufficio, download, standard aperti, open source, software libero, LibreOffice.
The spartan UI of the browser
You can create, edit, and keep your office documents from within the browser if you use our service. But the user interface is missing the bells and whistles of a regular office application installed on your computer.
If you use Libre Office, you can have the convenience of having all your documents synchronized and backed up while creating and editing them in an office application on your computer.
– Libre office is a fully fledged office suite free to use for personal use. You can download Libre Office at https://www.libreoffice.org/
When installed you need to open up any of the applications in the suite, for this short tutorial I will use Libre Office Writer.
Connect the app with your account
Start by going to File and then click on Open Remote…
A dialogue box will pop-up and this is how you configure the remote saving of documents to keep the documents at operationtulip.com
Connecting Libre Office with your operationtulip.com account by following the steps below.
- Set Type to WebDav
- Set Host to cloud.operationtulip.com
- Check the box for Secure connection
Checking the secure connection box
will in most cases change the port
to 443. But you need to set it back to
port 80 again when you are connecting
the first time.
4. Give your online storage a name of your
own e.g. my on-line documents
5. Set Root to /remote.php/dav/files/YourUserName
6. Click OK
Link the account
A Second pop-up window will appear asking for your username and password. Here you put your operationtulip.com user name and the password to your account.
Save and open cloud documents in Libre Office
Now you can work on your presentations in Libre office and save them directly to your operationtulip account by going to File and Save Remote…
Nextcloud Libreoffice Online
Going to File and Open Remote… let you open your files at operationtulip.com in your Libre Office application
Collabora Online Nextcloud
If you want to read more about the benefits of keeping your files online and in one place you can go to https://operationtulip.com/how-to-use-operationtulip-to-keep-your-files-in-order/ to read about the importance of keeping version control of files and keeping your files synchronized if you use different devices.