Click Link Settings to change permissions for the folder. If you have a free account, you can skip to the next step. Otherwise, if you pay for Dropbox Plus, you can change the following options. How to share with a link from dropbox.com Sign in to dropbox.com. Click All files in the left sidebar. Hover over the name of the file or folder you'd like to share and click the share icon (person).
How to create a file request
Dropbox Send Link To Download File
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click File requests in the left sidebar.
- Click New request on the right-hand side.
- Under Title, enter a name for your request.
- Under Description, add details about the request, if you like.
- Under Folder for uploaded files, you'll see the path to a new folder for your requested files. If you'd like to change the destination, click Change folder.
- Click the check box next to Set deadline to choose a date and time. You can also Allow late uploads and choose a timeframe (available only to Dropbox Professional and Business customers).
- Click Create.
- Type the email, name, or group of the person (or people) you’d like to request files from. They’ll receive an email about your request.
- To copy a link instead, click Copy next to Share a link instead. You can paste the link into an email, message, or wherever you’d like people to access it.
- Click Share. You’ll receive an email confirmation, and an email notification when files are uploaded to your file request.
Send Dropbox Link For Someone To Upload File
Note: By default, the destination folder for uploaded files is private. You can share the uploaded files by selecting a shared folder when you create the request, or by sharing the files or folder after files have been uploaded.