Voice control your favorite music with Spotify on Google Home and Google Nest.
- Spotify Free Google Nest Mini
- Spotify Free Google Nest Existing Customers
- Free Google Nest With Spotify
- Spotify Free Google Nest Ireland
If you sign up for Spotify Premium over the next few weeks, you can once again redeem a free Google Home Mini to use the service. Spotify is giving away free Google Home Mini speakers to Premium members until November 15, or until supplies last. Follow these steps to get yours.
Link Spotify to your Google Home or Google Nest
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same WiFi as your Google device.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap Account in the top-right.
- Verify that the Google Account shown is the one linked to your Google Home or Google Nest device. To switch accounts, tap another account or Add another account.
- Back on the home screen, tap + in the top-left, then Music and audio.
- Select Spotify and tap Link Account, then Log in to Spotify.
Note: If you don’t already have a Spotify account, you can create one at this point. Afterwards, you’ll need to start the account link process from the beginning.
Spotify Free Google Nest Mini
Once you’ve linked your Spotify account to Google Home, you can ask it to play your favorite music
Just say, 'OK Google', then...
- “Play my Discover Weekly on Spotify”.
- “Turn up the volume on Spotify”.
- “Play some rock music on Spotify”.
- “Pause this song on Spotify”.
- Check out more voice commands on the Google Home support site.
Tip: You can also control the Spotify app on your Android with Google Assistant.
Nope! You can make Spotify the default player on your Google home so you don’t have to specify “on Spotify”. Google Home gives you the option to do this when you ask it to play music, simply say “yes” to agree.
You can also make Spotify the default player manually:
- In the Google Home app, tap Account in the top-right.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Music under services.
- Select Spotify to set it as the default music player for your Google home.
Listen on another account using Google Voice Match
To listen on another Spotify account, you can use Google Voice Match.
Note: All Google Home accounts need to be linked to Spotify. Follow the steps above under Get started to link Spotify to Google Home.
Spotify Free Google Nest Existing Customers
Listen on another account by unlinking the current Spotify account
You can unlink the current Spotify account from your Google Home with these steps:
In the Google Home app, tap Account in the top-right.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Music under services.
- Tap UNLINK.
- Then, follow the steps above under Get started to link Spotify to Google Home.
Free Google Nest With Spotify
For help setting up and troubleshooting, check out the Google Home support site.
Check out other articles on our support site for help with your Spotify account,payments, or if you can’t play music.
Over the past year, there have been a few promotions to get a free Google Home Mini from Spotify, and now that offer is back on the table. New Spotify subscribers can once again pick up a free Google Home Mini for a limited time.
Advertised on the Spotify Premium home page, this offer is open to all new Spotify subscribers. In the past, some of these offers have been available to current subscribers who manage family plans, but that isn’t the case this time around.
Update 12/11: To close out 2019, Spotify is bringing back its free Google Home Mini promo yet again after the last promo from October expired a few weeks ago. This time around, the promotion is open to all Premium subscribers including those who use a Student-tier account. If you’ve ever redeemed this promotion in the past you won’t be eligible, but if you’ve missed out the past few times, it’s a great chance to sign up! Check out the links below to see if you’re eligible.
Just like in the past, though, this Spotify promotion nabs eligible users a Google Home Mini from the Google Store completely free of charge, regardless of whether they’re using an Individual Plan or Family Plan. The promotion is open through November 15 and codes will be sent out shortly after. Those codes then expire on December 31, 2019.
Spotify Free Google Nest Ireland
Notably, Spotify’s terms and conditions specifically mention that the code can’t be used to redeem for a Google Nest Mini, the newer hardware that has better sound quality. That’s a shame, but free is free.
Premium Individual & Premium Family: monthly subscription fees apply. Premium Family has limited eligibility. Excl. Premium Student. 1x promotional code per eligible paying subscriber to be used on the Google Store (Google T&Cs apply). Not open to users who’ve previously used a Spotify-distributed code on the Google Store. Fulfilment by Google: requires a Google-approved form of payment, Google account & linking Spotify with the Google Assistant. Offer ends 11/15/19, or while supplies last. Codes expire 12/31/19. Offer doesn’t apply to Nest Mini device.
More on Spotify:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links.More.