How to download and install WeChat on PC (Windows / Mac)? As you have Downloaded and Installed Bluestacks Emulator. Now, After the installation, configure it and add your Google account. Once everything is done, just open the Market (Play Store) and Search for the Amazon Silk Browser. Select Switch Account on the login page of the WeChat for Windows/Mac to change to another account, and open WeChat on your mobile, select ' + ' in the top right corner Scan, to log in to WeChat. Note: At the current time it's not possible to log in to Web WeChat and WeChat for Windows/Mac with the same account at the same time. Download WeChat for macOS 10.11 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. WeChat, the free messaging & calling app available across all smartphones, is now available for your desktop. Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu. WeChat is a macOS desktop application designed to help you connect with the Tencent communication service. To be able to use the desktop client you will have to connect it to your mobile device, by using the built-in QR Code scanner. Establish a link between the WeChat desktop client and mobile application.
Using WeChat on your phone is not always convenient for you. Especially, when you are working or doing something on your PC (computer).Then you should install WeChat on your PC. I will show you how to install and to log in WeChat account on your PC or Mac.
How to download WeChat on PC or Mac?
- Download WeChat from WeChat official website .
You can download for Windows or Mac. Click on the icon [For windows] or [For Mac] as the image showed below. And then you should save the file and install WeChat on your PC(Windows or Mac).
How to Log in WeChat on your PC.
- After installing WeChat, you can Click on WeChat icon on your PC and open it.
- Log in WeChat via scanning QR code with your phone.
You will be asked to scanning QR code. How to scan? You need to open your WeChat on your phone and log in. If you don’t have WeChat account, then you should get one. you can sign up WeChat account as my guidance here .
- And then, tap the [+] button on the top right-hand corner of screen.
- Tap the [Scan] button and your phone will automatic turn to scanning.
- You need to scan the QR code which showed on your PC/Mac as step3.
- To confirm your login you need to click [Enter]on your mobile WeChat.
You can check or uncheck [Auto-sync messages] before your login. If you’re on your personal PC to login then you can check it for your convince.
- Now, you’ve logged in your WeChat account on your computer.
Here are some basic features showed below.
If you have any questions, Please let me know and comment below.
By Gina Barrow, Last updated: April 24, 2020
WeChat is a free messaging application that is supported by various smartphone platforms including iPhone, Android phones, Nokia, Blackberry and Windows phone.
Aside from using WeChat on mobile phones, it is also available for PC and Mac computers. If you are wondering – Do we really need to use WeChat for Mac since it is already available on mobile?
For those who are working on a Mac at home or office and chatting with someone on WeChat at the same time, most can end up distracted by switching from computer to phone from time to time.
There are also instances in which someone wants to share some documents or files via WeChat. Since your mobile phone might not have any compatible apps to open or view the files you received, you need to transfer the files from your phone to a computer.
Generally, when using WeChat for Mac, this task will be a lot easier. If you want an overview of how WeChat works, you should take time to read this article.
People Also ReadHow Do You Move Your WeChat History to A New Phone?Five Ways to Fix 'Unfortunately, WeChat Has Stopped' Error
An Introduction To WeChat
If you have not heard about WeChat before, you should check out this introduction. WeChat is an instant messaging application supported by various platforms including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Java and Symbian. Aside from the usual functions such as group chats, sending of photos, music files, and voice notes, WeChat was able to introduce several functions that set it apart from other messaging applications.
Some of the notable functions of WeChat include the following:
- Colored stickers on chat. WeChat was able to integrate the ideal components of LINE and WhatsApp – you can utilize both stickers and emoticons without any charge when chatting.
- Live chat. You can start a live voice chat or group conversation. You now have a multi-user walkie-talkie that makes conversations convenient and fun at the same time, but only one person can speak at a time if the indicator light is green.
- Video call. When using the video call mode, conversations can be done face-to-face with friends. During a call, you can toggle between video and audio.
- Meeting new people online. The “Shake” feature allows you to shake your device to find other people nearby. Once the result list pops up, you can choose a contact that you are interested in and send a chat message to start a conversation.
- Chat using your computer. You can enjoy a much-awaited conversation with a friend by using a version of WeChat on your web browser.
- Share “Moments” using Facebook. The “Moments” features in WeChat is strikingly the same as posts on Facebook, but more emphasized on photos.
- In-built photo editing. If you want to edit your photos to be published on social networks or add a filter to your profile photo, this is possible in WeChat with its integrated photo editing feature.
What Are The Features Of WeChat For Mac?
After reading the features of WeChat, you might be thrilled to try it out. Remember though that there are slight differences for the WeChat version on Mac. Let us first take a close look at what features to expect when using the WeChat for Mac version.
- Manage your own WeChat user profile
- Free unlimited text messaging
- Easily send files between Mac and your mobile phone
- Share videos, photos, voice notes with WeChat contacts
- Send smileys, stickers and other graphical emoticons
- Capture screen on Mac and use in WeChat conversations
It does not come as a surprise that WeChat for Mac does not include several features as the iOS version. An example is the emoticons which are too simple. The Mac version loses several of its exciting functions which are only present on your iPhone such as drift, moments, voice calls, Walkie Talkie, video calls, etc. Unlike with the Windows version, there are also some missing features with the Mac version. With the Windows version, you can easily back up the chat history from a mobile phone to PC.
How Can I Use WeChat For Mac?
Primarily, you must download WeChat from the Mac App Store. Once installed on your Mac, open WeChat and you will be prompted to use the WeChat on mobile to scan the QR code to sign into WeChat on your Mac.
After the authentication, you also need to confirm the login again. On your mobile device, you will receive a message stating “Confirm your login to Mac WeChat”. Tap on the Enter button on your phone so that you can log in on WeChat for Mac.
When logging in next time on WeChat, you can skip the QR code scanning phase. Simply tap on the confirm login to Mac WeChat on your phone. At this point, you can start chatting with your friends or family using WeChat.
Can I use WeChat for Mac without any apps?
In case you decide not to install the WeChat for Mac app on your computer or simply want to use the app temporarily on your Mac, you can utilize “WeChat for Web”.
For this to work, simply visit the website for “WeChat for Web”. Once you go to the site, you can follow the instructions.
What Are The Compatible Versions?
If you want to use WeChat for Mac, you should note down on what macOS versions it is compatible with.
- Mac OS X 10.6/10.7
- OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10
How To Get Wechat On Mac
The Mac version does not seem to work on Mac OS X 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 or any earlier versions of the Mac OS X.
Aside from Mac users, WeChat is also compatible with iOS, Windows Phone, Android, Symbian S60/S40, BlackBerry and other operating systems.
Advantages Of Using WeChat For Mac
One of the main advantages of having the WeChat forMac application is that you can quickly type and reply to messages.
Aside from being able to chat with your WeChat friends and groups on your desktop, the application makes it easy to transfer files from your mobile device to your desktop and vice versa with its “File Transfer” feature. Simply move and drop your photos, media or any other file to the “File Transfer” folder or upload desktop files directly inside a chat window.
Wechat Desktop App Mac
When you are logged into WeChat, any alerts will simply turn up on the menu bar of your computer without announcements on your phone. Another supported feature is “Sight” videos which allow users to preview the chat histories that were forwarded by friends and search contacts as well as groups.
Whether you enjoy easy chatting on your desktop, smartphone or iPad, WeChat continuously aims in innovating and providing its users with the ideal cross-platform social communication experience.